Friday, September 28, 2007

Speaking Standard English

What do people mean when they say they are talking white are black?



Well when someone says that you are talking white it really means you are using proper form of language. Which means that you are talking in the right way. If you are talking black that just means that you are using slang terminology. Which is not the proper way to talk. The proper way is ponouncing all of the syllables in any word that you say. For example the word "what up" this is the sang way to write it and how you would say it is slang also. The correct way is "what's up" this is the way you spell it and say it. The term white are black isn't really a races thing it is just a way to verify if you are black are white. Now what I am trying to say is that all whites mostly speak proper english. And most blacks have slang terminology. It isn;t because they aren't smart it is because of the neighborhood they were brought up in. The family they lived, and learned to talk from maybe they used slang. The question I have answered is just to identify people by there interpretation and their accent. I think as long as you can understand what person is saying I don't think it should matter how you talk in public. But doing business you should proper your language to show that you are educated doing business.

No comments: