11/16/2007
There is a slang dictionary that is being written by students. All of the words that were chosen are refered to women. For example, hoodhopper, gold digger, etc. These words they chosen are always used in like your average black neighborhood. You know a girl and you know she has been through a lot of dating with your friends and a couple of relatives. This woman to you is considered a hoodhopper. A person who jumps from one person to another claiming to be their girl when really she is everyones girl.
The reason I think a lot of students picked these words is because they are going through the school. Since these are the only words that were picked there isn't enough words to discribe other words in the slang life "there really is a lot of slang words".
I think the words should be in the slang dictionary because the words really are and do mean what they mean inthe average black neighborhood. If the words didn't mean anything they won't be used. The words that people make up they go a long way, if someone heres a word they like how it's used and how it sounds then they will start saying often then the next person might feel the same way and so on.
A couple of words that the people in my class chose, I had different thoughts about the definitions of the words. Like zonked that word sounds like a verb that doesn't mean the definition someone chose for it. This person thinks or said it meant tired. No I thought that meant like to be hit or struck by something or someone. The reason is only maybe because I don't like the way they use it or the way it sounds. So that would be a word that won't be passed on or used a lot by me. Anyone else maybe.
The real reason these words are derogatory are only if you make the words out to be. So therefore the slang dictionary should be written for the sake of slang. The reason is because speaking in slang language you get a good understanding if you speak that way.And if you speak that way then you are understanding what I am saying, but if not then what I mean is if you take it as being derogatory then to you it is. These words are to be used in many different ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment