Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Linguish Descrimination

One time when I was working at tacobell someone came in and ordered beans in a bowl and thats all they ordered. I'm like... Just beans? He's like "yeah." That is it with a funny actsent. I know he was from mexico some where, where there are Mexicans or a place where they speak another language. And he just started speaking English.
Another time is when I went down South my fathers side of the family talked kind of funny. They kind of talked like someone from Texas, but no they were originally from Mississippi. Instead of saying here they said chere, ova they'a, and back younder. These are some of the ways they talk in Mississippi.
It wasn't like I was discriminating I can just tell the difference between a person that lives in Missouri and someone who doesn't. And how you tell is the way they talk.If their acsent isn't like mine or anyone elses they are not from or do not live where I do. That is the way I tell the difference.

No comments: